Author Topic: Enid Blighton's FarAway Tree  (Read 3255 times)

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
  • Closed minds miss all the magick!
Enid Blighton's FarAway Tree
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »
Oh, how I loved MoonFace.... and the helter skelter slide...

anyone else read it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraway_Tree

I didn't "just" read it, I lived it...   :whistling:  in a shamanic kind of way...   ;)  :D :D :D

Come to think of it, I'm probably still doing that...   >:D   :D :D :D  'Twould explain a lot....   ;) :D :D :D

The witches way is to find a way!

Offline tanith

• Diamond Member
  • care for and love each other
Re: Enid Blighton's FarAway Tree
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
I was a fan of the borrowers, still am, still have the book, first read it in primary school, was hooked, not too keen on the films though.
keep an open heart and mind and love for your fellow man

lazuli

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »
I didn't read this one, but I was an avid Secret Seven fan - loved all the books in the series and read and re-read them so much the pages all fell out!

Enaid Yesnroh

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
Do you know, I have a box full of Enid Blyghton's books in a box up in the attic.  I nearly sold them at a car boot sale to a dealer, but he wasn't prepared to pay my price.  Glad I kept hold of them now.  Cant remember the Far Away Tree, but I probably have it.   Might have a rummage through some time.   

Calavera

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »
I LOVED those books! Read them over and over again when I was a kid. Moon face, Silky and Saucepan Man... you've brought back happy memories  :)

Have you ever read The Wishing Chair books? Just as good!

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:46:21 PM »
I LOVED those books! Read them over and over again when I was a kid. Moon face, Silky and Saucepan Man... you've brought back happy memories  :)

Have you ever read The Wishing Chair books? Just as good!

Glad to give you reason to smile   ;D

No, I've not... I'll look out for them - thanks   :good:   ^-^

Geordie

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
Thank you Geordie, looks wonderful!   ^-^

Jehra

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »
nearly fell off my chair ..............
 :eek:

PEOPLE :lurk: PEOPLE :lurk: PEOPLE  :lurk:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/author/enid-blyton/first-edition/sortby/1/page-1/

5,000 FOR AN ENID BLYTON FIRST COVER........... and many many more..please do read this before you take your books to the *gulp* car boot. NOT BOOKS NEVER BOOKS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
1250 FOR A FIRST EDITION THE MAGIC FARAWAY TREE
i nearly had a heart attack then  :ambulance:
I love my books, I won't sell them to just anyone, they are like people to me and Enid Blyton was my first ever authoress...I didn't do the fluffy bunny stuff...give me the Wishing Tree, Famous Five and so on...:)

I have Mallory Towers and a few others for safe keeping :) for my own children to pass to their children...one day...they may be worth enough to buy someone a house or a farm...but the riches they give are i the words that set the imagination free :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:33:03 AM by Jehra »

Offline Moonshadow

• Diamond Member
  • Magick is all around us
    • moonshadow
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
I don't remember the Faraway Tree even though I am sure I read it, do remember Enid Blyton and did love her books. None of my books are worth anything, but when I look at the book case i see not books but old friends :) but it is lovely Jehra to have such wonderful books to pass on to your family.xx
Always follow the path of your heart. X

Jehra

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »
I never took my books for granted but one horrible day I had to give away half my books, one lovely couple looked so jaw dropped and amazed when I offered them part of my library...it took them 5 hours to cart from my house to their house over the road 500 lovely books...and they still have them 20 years on :)
when I discovered books had a monetary value I began to search deliberately for first editions, the oldest I posess is in Italien from 1760 and falling to pieces but \Ican't part with it BUT the single most undervalued books are childrens books, Enid Blyton was and remains in my heart still, one of THE best childrens writers ever. They can print whatever they like now in multi coloured, press this, pull that, switvh the other on electrical gadjetry to enhance a book..for me, Enids words painted a world so real to my imagination....such a wonderful selection of adventures and in the end, an era that has long since gone and I miss :)

Offline Moonshadow

• Diamond Member
    • moonshadow
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
There was an innocence and magic in the books from that era that does seem lacking in the ones children read now. It is so sad that you had to lose so many of your books. When we moved here from the North West we came from a huge Victorian three bed flat to a tiny two bed cottage, only one person could fit into the kitchen at a time! But it was for a new life and a better future for my daughter. So much had to go nearly all my books I didn't know any body who wanted them so it was the charity shop :( and my collection of dolls houses which a local shop bought, all the furniture/accessories where sold on eBay. It was a sad time, but now after moving house four times I can fit three dolls houses and lots of books back in my life :cheerleader:

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
they are making my favourite childhood books into cinema   :good:   :muahaha: :yahoo: :dance3: :yahoo:  Can't wait!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29706443

Just hope they do them justice, would hate it if they don't...   :cooler:

Offline Moonshadow

• Diamond Member
    • moonshadow
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »
I hope so too, though most times they can't quite manage it....though The Chronicles of Narnia are very well done  :)

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
I hope so too, though most times they can't quite manage it....though The Chronicles of Narnia are very well done  :)

oh, I agree, I love the narnia films...  must watch them again sometime   ;D  thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them   :hug: