Author Topic: I haz the big excites!!!  (Read 987 times)

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
  • Closed minds miss all the magick!
I haz the big excites!!!
« on: February 26, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »
I heard rumours this book was getting researched, and written, years ago...   ::)  and remember thinking oh wow, that's one I would buy for sure!!!

tomorrow it's the official launch in Suffolk, with a host of guest speakers and gaiety song and dance...  so I guess the rumours were real   :D

Here it is...  what a thing of beauty it is too...

Also available in Blue cover versions too, I've seen...   :)

So, why is MC SO excited???

It's by the author, Nigel G. Pearson

and the publisher is Troy Books

"The Devil's Plantation; East Anglian Lore, Witchcraft and Folk-Magic".

The book is titled after a lost "Black Book" of magic reputedly owned by a famous Cambridgeshire witch and the name given to plots of land given over to the spirits and the Old One himself.

Dealing with the myth and magic, the lore and legends, the cures, curses and rituals used by East Anglian witches and cunning folk, this is a volume dealing with the very living essence and spirit of this region itself.

Nigel has connections with this business...   :good: :clap: :clap: :clap:

www.sacredearth.org.uk
8 Upper Orwell Street
Ipswich, Suffolk
01473 417474

Read more about the book here  http://sacredearth.org.uk/store/product/the-devils-plantation-by-nigel-g-pearson-special-hardback-edition

I am thrilled it's out, can you tell?   :muahaha: :Badger: :drunk: :cheerleader: :yahoo: :dance3:

Defo one for my Birthday prezzie list in April   :sunglasses:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:41:13 PM by MoonCrone »

The witches way is to find a way!

Offline Moonshadow

• Diamond Member
  • Magick is all around us
    • moonshadow
Re: I haz the big excites!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:15:56 PM »
Ooo I want  a copy too Mooncrone , a fascinating area a place I never have but always wanted to visit .
Always follow the path of your heart. X

Offline MoonCrone

• Diamond Member
  • Closed minds miss all the magick!
Re: I haz the big excites!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »
Having spent such a lot of my formative years traveling around East Anglia, the old ways of that part of the world are a lot of what make old MC "tick" as it were....  and I can't wait to be reminded of all the stuff I've forgot and let lie burried in the back of my noggin over the decades...

I would love to go back and visit one day too, but I am fearful it will be spoiled, like many places, they call it progress, I call destruction...   :fedup:

I have a friend from school who lives now in the place my Nanna last lived... Dovercourt, in Harwich...  not far from Clacton... she tells me Dovercourt hasn't changed that much, neither has the rest of Harwich, not really, but she says I wouldn't know Clacton anymore, and I feel a bit sad about that.   :fedup:

I suspect it's the whole thing of London growing a swallowing up swathes of it's surroundings...

I guess if you go Northwards up the East coast it's changing too due to docks getting a bit popular again.  There seems to be more moves afoot these days to try and reduce road movement of goods, and increase water movement of them instead...

Docks fetch with them their own kind of history and mystery...  yes, I hope all that is in the book.   :)  Excited!!!!!!   :muahaha: :yahoo: :dance3: :yahoo:

The witches way is to find a way!